Fragrant Mussels for Four People
- 2kg mussels
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 3 sticks lemon grass, outer leaves removed and finely sliced
- 2 fresh chillies, red, green or both
- 3 tablespoons ginger, finely sliced
- 2 handfuls fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 spring onions
- juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 400ml coconut milk
Place your mussels in a large pot or wok which has been heated over the fire or on the stove.
Splash a couple of lugs of olive oil over the mussels.
Shake the mussels around and add the rest of the ingredients, apart from the lime juice and coconut milk.
Keep turning the mussels over until they have all opened – throw away any that remain closed.
Squeeze in your lime juice and add coconut milk.
Once the liquid boils, take off the heat and serve immediately.
Back to Blog Page