Chocolate and Muscadel Marshmallows
Today we will be showing you how to make chocolate and red wine marshmallows using our Rietvallei 1908 Muscadel. Enjoy!
10ml Rietvallei 1908 Muscadel
30ml gelatine powder, sponged in
30ml cold water
125g 70% dark chocolate, chopped and melted
Cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper. Cut to fit the base and place in the bottom.
- Place the water, muscadel, sugar, honey and glucose in a saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Do not let the mixture boil.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the gelatine, stir until the gelatine is dissolved, Place in the bowl of an electric mixer and
beat on high for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture is thick and holds it’s shape.
4. Pour into the lined baking tin and drizzle the melted chocolate on top.
5. Cover and allow to set in the refrigerator for an hour. Once set, un mould and using a hot knife to cut into squares. Dust with cocoa powder and store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.