Beurre Blanc White Wine Sauce
Today we will be showing you how to make a beautiful, velvety somewhat delicate Beurre Blanc sauce using our Rietvallei Classic Sauvignon Blanc. The perfect sauce for fish, poultry, or vegetables.
250g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
60ml Rietvallei Sauvignon Blanc
60ml white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp onions, finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1 pinch white pepper
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1. Have the butter ready (cut and in a small bowl).
2. In a medium saucepan, bring wine and vinegar to a boil. Add onions, salt, and pepper. Lower heat to a simmer and cook until most of the
liquid has evaporated. (There should be about 1 1/2 table-spoons of liquid left. If you reduced it too far, add 1 tablespoon of water to remoisten.)
3. Remove pan from heat. Whisk 2 pieces of butter into the reduction.
4. Set pan over low heat and continue whisking butter into sauce a chunk at a time, allowing each piece to melt before adding more. Remember to maintain low heat and never let the sauce come to a boil once the butter is added, or the sauce will separate.
5. Remove sauce from heat and whisk in the lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning, then strain through a fine sieve into a bowl.
Serve with fish, poultry, or vegetables.