Honey Soy Sautéed Duck with chili paired with Dark Cin.
Try our delicious Honey Soy Sautéed Duck with chili
4 duck breasts
5 tsp crushed garlic
2 tsp crushed or freshly diced ginger
1 red chilli sliced and de-seeded
½ cup chicken stock
¼ cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce (optional)
3 ½ Tbsp honey
½ tsp smoked or normal paprika
1-2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1 cup of rice for serving
1. Score the duck skin with a sharp knife. Try not to cut through the meat.
2.Heat a large cast iron skillet or pan over medium heat. Once heated, add the breasts, skin-side down, and cook for 6 to 7 min or until the skin is golden brown and the fat has rendered.
- Season duck with salt and pepper then flip the duck around. Allow to cook for 2-3min or longer depending on your preference.
4. Remove from skillet or pan and allow to rest.
5. Leaving the skillet / pan on medium heat. Add garlic, ginger and chillies to the pan and cook for 1 or 2 min until fragrant.
6. Add the stock, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, paprika and lime juice. Allow to simmer until the sauce has reduced by half.
7. Slice the duck into thin slices and serve over cooked rice. Drizzle over the sauce and serve. You can add finely sliced spring onion, chillies and cucumber for decoration and to add more texture. Sprinkle over sesame seeds for extra texture.