Apple Crostata with Estéanna Sauvignon Blanc
Enjoy our divine Apple Crostata recipe.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- a pinch of salt
- ½ cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 Tbsp water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cup white sugar
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4-5 apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and butter in a large bowl. Mix everything together, until the dough has crumby texture.
- Combine water and vanilla extract together in a small bowl then stir it into flour mixture.
- Cover the bowl containing the dough with plastic wrap, leave for 30 min in the fridge.
- Toss apples with sugar and flour in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 200°C cover baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out into a large circle on a pre-floured work surface, you can make the crust as thick or thin as you prefer. Transfer to the baking tray, then arrange apple slices in a circular fashion working from the center out making that beautiful circular pattern, leaving a small border all around. Fold up border over apples, pinching together slightly.
- Combine 1 ½ Tbsp sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake apple crostata in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown which should take roughly 30 to 40 min.