Whole Baked Lemon Kabeljou
Enjoy our Whole Baked Lemon Kabeljou recipe. Easy to make and incredibly delicious.
- 700 to 800 g Kabeljou or Hake, deboned.
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3 tsp crushed garlic
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp smoked or normal paprika
- 2 tsp Parsley/Thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- asparagus washed and trimmed
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC.
- Combine the butter, lemon, garlic and herbs in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant then remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the fish and asparagus onto a large piece of foil, season with salt, pepper and smoked or normal paprika.
- Pour the garlic lemon butter sauce over the fish and asparagus and top the fish with lemon slices. Wrap the fish and asparagus in foil, so it’s completely covered.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the fish and asparagus are cooked.
Serve with rice or French fries, paired with our Rietvallei Sauvignon Blanc 2022.