Enjoy Our Delicious Chicken Piccata Recipe Paired With Our Classic Chardonnay
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and cut in half
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (optional).
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off any excess flour.
- In a large page over medium high heat, melt 2 Tbsp of butter with 3 Tbsp olive oil.
- Once the pan is hot add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 2-3 minutes. Remove and transfer to a plate.
- Melt 2 more Tbsp butter and add another 2 Tbsp olive oil. Once pan is hot again, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and repeat the process. Transfer to a plate when it’s done cooking.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Add salt and pepper. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley. Best served with pasta or rice.