Enjoy Our Divine Panna Cotta recipe:
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of water
Panna Cotta Ingredients:
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 110 g sugar
- 4 gelatin sheets
- half stick of vanilla or alternatively 3 teaspoons vanilla essence.
Method for Panna Cotta:
- Soak the gelatin in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes.
- Butterfly the vanilla bean using a sharp knife. Scrape the seeds out using the knife or if using vanilla essence skip this step
- Place the cream, sugar and vanilla seeds or vanilla essence in a saucepan and bring to a boil while slowly stirring with a whisk.
- Once the cream has come to a boil, remove from the heat and add the gelatin sheets (drained and squeezed before adding). Stir to allow the gelatin to melt into the cream.
- Pour the mixture into small panna cotta molds or using what is available. Then, place the molds in the fridge for at least 3 to 4 hour
Method for Caramel:
- Add the sugar and 1 Tbsp water in a saucepan and place it over low heat. Shake the saucepan so it mixes well. Once it has turn into caramel and browned to the desired color set aside for later.
- Pour over the panna cottas once they are done refrigerating, we recommend only making the caramel after the panna cotta has set in the fridge.