Chocolate Filled Puff Pastries
Tasty chocolate filled puff pastries recipe paired with our 1908 Muscadel
- 2 Sheets Frozen filo pastry.
- 2 Lindt 60% Dark Chocolate or any other chocolate you prefer.
- 1 egg
- Chili flakes, peppermint crisp pieces, nuts etc. (all optional extras you can be as creative as you want to be).
- Flaky Salt
- Defrost your two sheets of filo pastry.
- Divide each Lindt chocolate slab into 10 pieces, or if you’re using a chocolate bar cut them in half until you have 20 halves.
- On a lightly floured piece of parchment paper, roll out one sheet of puff pastry, the dough must be rolled out large enough to fit 20 chocolate pieces. Arrange the chocolate pieces on the rolled-out dough and divide them equally
- Brush the dough with egg wash thoroughly over all visible dough.
- Roll out the second sheet of puff pastry so that it’s slightly larger than the first piece and place it gently over the first sheet with the pre-arranged chocolate pieces. Press gently on all four sides and all around each chocolate piece.
- Transfer to a cutting board, cut between all the chocolate pieces, so you have 20 individually sealed rectangles with a chocolate piece in the centre.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Distribute the chocolate filled puff pastries among two parchment-lined pans, brush with egg wash, sprinkle with flaky salt and bake for 20–25 minutes.